Abrasive Blast Media
Check out our catalog for a selection of blasting productsShop Catalog Now
Blasting Media Selection
Each material provides a different finish. Professional cleaners require a wide selection of media to match the tools to the underlying surface and the application itself. Different types of blast media come in different degrees of size, sharpness, and abrasiveness.
Lighter or softer media can be used for polishing and cleaning by chipping away dirt, dust, and grease. Sharper and harder media types can strip and etch the substrate by removing stronger contaminants. They can also strengthen the surface by removing weakened top layers that have been damaged by chemicals, excessive wear, and environmental factors such as moisture.
Kleen Blast prides itself on having a wide selection of fine and rough blast media, including:
Kleen Blast Vitreous Iron Silicate
Brown Aluminum Oxide
White Aluminum Oxide
Cast Steel Grit
Cast Steel Shot
Many of these media types come in rough, medium, and fine varieties to provide different finishes. Crushed glass, for example, can degrease materials, remove graffiti, and strip rust from steel surfaces when it’s fine, medium-grit, or rough, respectively.
Abrasive media and sandblasting cleaning processes achieve a wide range of results. Some of the most popular applications include:
- Cleaning building facades. Brick, cement, and manufactured building surfaces pick up dirt, road chemicals, and organic material over time. Abrasive cleaning equipment removes the material for easy cleaning.
- Driveway, parking lot, and public area cleaning. Concrete surfaces are porous. Long-term contact with tires, exhaust, and roadside chemicals make the surface deteriorate over time. Shotblasting makes the surfaces look newer and removes the contaminants to prevent further surface-level degradation. Shot media can also remove the damaged top layer for refinishing and repairs.
- Graffiti removal on concrete, brick, and fiberglass surfaces. They chip paint away from the surface without removing the underlying structural material.
- Removing spots of ash and stains after fires or other disasters.
- Stone and masonry cleaning. Stone, bricks, and grout lines absorb dirt and chemicals over time. Algae and microplants can also grow into the surface. Shotblasting removes the unwanted material for a deeper clean.
Spent Abrasive Recycling
Along with parts and services from Kleen Blast, our sister company, Kleen Industrial Services (KIS), also warehouses filter media, which includes anthracite coal, sand, garnet, gravel and other specialty medias used by fresh water and wastewater districts throughout the Western United States. In addition, KIS has more than 10 years experience in the cost-effective recycling of spent abrasives.
For All Your Blast Media and Abrasive Supplies
Order your high-quality blasting media and blasting equipment from Kleen Blast. Our materials are economical and efficient. They are also environmentally safe. Contact us if you can’t find the supplies you need or if you’re ready to start your project. Our customer service team is ready to help.