BENEFITS OF SOFT WALNUT SHELL MEDIA
- Non-toxic – causes no health or environmental hazards.
- Replaces sand to avoid problems of silicosis.
- Long-lasting. Biodegradable. Re-usable.
- Reduces cycle time of finishing operations.
- Preserves microfinishes.
WALNUT MEDIA PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Non-toxic, blast cleaning media, filler, extender
- Specific gravity: 1.2 – 1.4
- Angular; multi-faceted
- PH Value at 25 degrees C: 4 to 5
- Density: 35 – 45# cu.ft
- Walnut Media Charring temperature: 470 degrees F
MAJOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
A BLAST CLEANING MEDIA
- For removal of paint, flash, burrs, and other flaws in plastic and rubber molding, aluminum and zinc die casting, and electronics industries.
- As a sand replacement for paint removal, graffiti removal, and general cleaning in restoration of buildings, bridges, and outdoor statuary.
- For aircraft engine cleanout.
- For cleaning steam turbines.
- Prevents lost circulation in oil well drilling.
- Provides a non-skid enhancer in abrasive paints around swimming pools, walkways, dock boards, and other areas where a rough surface is required.
- Serves as a filler prior to burnout – a porosity enhancer for grinding wheels and ceramics.
- Preserves gel-coat when removing paint from fiberglass boats.
- Serves as a filtration media in petroleum industry applications.
- Excellent for filler and extender in wood applications.